Reports to: Global Sales Director
Location: West Coast, USA (Mostly within Territory – Business Travel 30-70%)
Date Posted: 5th October, 2018
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the accelerating of the entire Compliance & Risks solutions suite of services within their territory or industries assigned to him/her; expanding and broadening the customer base by implementing the sales strategy across various segments of the business. The Business Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of the sales and key account management function from prospecting to closing to meet predefined sales targets.
- Proactively manage a book of enterprise-level Iterable customers while building a long term relationships
- Navigate large companies to identify key stakeholders
- Identify new business opportunities in existing client organizations
- Transition Compliance & Risks from Vendor to Partner status.
- Move Compliance & Risks into Key Accounts strategic roadmap
- Prioritize client feature requests to generate the highest impact and satisfaction
- Deliver on defined KPI goals related to quality of execution within assigned enterprise accounts
- Exemplify the positive attributes of being a team player and team builder across all departments
- Ongoing management of account performance and effectively delivers results to key stakeholders
- Create and perform strategic initiatives for ensuring customer retention and expansion
- Maintain a trusted advisor relationship with each assigned enterprise account
Sales Lead generation, pipeline and follow up
Generate and follow through your own target number of sales qualified leads as per your KPIs in the following ways :-
- Ensure that you follow up assigned leads to you from marketing, Business Lines, your own prospecting and the Exec team within the agreed time frame.
- Work to reduce the company’s average sales cycle time.
Adopt both a strategic & consultative selling approach and methodology to sales activities, build relationships, focusing on C level contacts.
- Cold calling
- Linked In
- Attending and presenting at Seminars, Conferences and Webinars
- Reviewing accounts with Account Manager for opportunities
- Maintain an active opportunity pipeline as per the KPIs. Ensure your progress on leads and pipeline is detailed to the agreed standard in the CRM so that reporting and analysis can be done accurately.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure that you have an accurate sales forecast
Meet and exceed your orders and revenue targets for the quarter and the year for both new (30%) and existing (70% approx) clients.
- Develop and increase sales of C2P and consulting efforts to existing and prospective clients at Enterprise level.
- Work closely with Renewals in Account Management to develop and close out (upsell) opportunities in existing accounts.
- As part of your upsell in existing accounts, specifically work to reposition C2P. This will be a move to migrate customers to content based pricing.
- Where adoption is low and where there is scope to expand C2P into an Enterprise Level Client is a potential, work with Account Management and the other supporting functions to improve platform engagement by the client.
- Include Regulatory Product Compliance as part of every new sale – all with the aim of increasing the adoption, stickiness and enterprise level sale.
- Work also to build revenue in EH&S, MA and Managed Services as per our strategic plan.
Proposal and Contract negotiation
- Reach your proposal target number each quarter.
- Create quality, consistent, enterprise level proposals where the desired number reaches contract negotiation stage.
- Use our knowledge, business acumen, negotiation and pricing skills to have your target number of deals signed each quarter.
- Utilize other members of Exec Team, Business Lines, Sales Ops, Finance, Internal counsel, CS etc, to complete contract negotiations successfully
- Work extremely closely with your renewal assigned account managers to maximize revenue
- Represent the Sales perspective on internal meetings.
- Inputting on design and development of C2P via the designer and the product managers.
- Input in the development of other C&R offerings e.g. Managed Services, EHS/OHS, RPC.
- Work Closely with the Delivery team – CS, Legal Data, RPC, MA.
Prior Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Engineering or Finance Degree or higher from an accredited institution
- 6-10 years of enterprise level account management experience, performing against customer satisfaction and revenue targets in a SaaS sales environment.
- Proven sales process skill sets and governance, with experience of CRM (Hubspot, Salesforce)
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced software start-up environment
- Relationships built at C-Level
- Well organized, pays attention to detail and superior project management skills
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to think innovatively and make quick decisions
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel to client site, some nation wide, as needed
To apply for this position please click here.